Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane...

don't know when I'll be back again. Well, the flight boards in about 45 minutes, and I am tired enough that the man who helped me check my baggage got a $25 tip (forgot about my change). In truth, he deserved it. If he would not have been so congenial, I would have paid $381 for my overweight luggage! My reaction was to say "Shucky-darn", and then hesitate for a very long time. Then say, well so I guess there's nothing that can be done. I either have to go through my luggage and take things out ... or pay the money. It finally occurred to me that I could use my "emergency" credit card, and after a delay I decided I would just pay the fee. I spent enough time packing and debating what to bring that I don't think I could pick out 21 pounds worth of stuff to make the bag meet the 50 pound limit ... Then, out of nowhere the checker (no idea if this is the right term) said it would be $125. He said he would just charge me the domestic fee and assured me my baggage will arrive in Moscow. So, I thanked him and forgot my change! I realized this later and decided that rather than going to ask for the change, I would just allow him to keep it. Hopefully he took it as a tip.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim! great job getting through all that stuff! Hope the rest of the travel goes better! Kind of makes you wonder what the guy would have done if you had still balked.
    Mom and I were eating lunch when you texted saying that you were going to board in Chicago!
    Love Dad & Mom

    ReplyDelete